- Chapin Hall - research and policy center, focused on a mission of improving the well-being of children and youth, families, and their communities.
- Aging Out of the Foster Care System to Adulthood: Findings, Challenges, and Recommendations
- Helping Children Aging Out of Foster Care Prepare for Independence
Foster Care/Aging Out Information:
- Child Welfare/Foster Care Statistics - These resources provide State and national data on the number of children in the child welfare system, trends in foster care caseloads, and well-being outcomes.
- The Children's Bureau statistics- partners with federal, state, tribal and local agencies to improve the overall health and well-being of our nation's children and families
- Possibility Project in NY - a nationally recognized nonprofit organization operating three programs for youth in New York City.
- Lighthouse Youth Services – a multiservice agency providing social services to children, youth and families in southwestern Ohio.
- Covenant House- largest privately funded charity in the Americas providing loving care and vital services to homeless, abandoned, abused, trafficked, and exploited youth.
- Forever Family- Forever Family news stories and on-air promotions highlight children in foster care who are searching for adoptive families, teens 'aging out' of foster care, and issues relating to the American foster care system.
- The Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute- non-profit organization that works to raise awareness about the needs of children without families and to remove policy barriers that hinder children from knowing the love and support a family provides.
- Children Uniting Nations- a proactive non-profit organization created to bring attention to the plight of at-risk and foster youth.
Youth Driven Organizations for Foster Care:
- Florida Youth SHINE- a youth run, peer driven organization that empowers current and former foster youth to become leaders and advocates within their communities.
- Represent Magazine - a quarterly magazine founded in 1993*, provides a voice for youth in foster care.
- Foster Care Alumni of America - a national non-profit association that has been founded and is led by alumni of the foster care system.
- Oregon Foster Youth Connection- a program of Children First for Oregon (CFFO),it is a statewide, youth led, advocacy group of current and former foster youth between 14 – 25 years of age.
Foster Youth Resources:
- A national network for youth in foster care as well as foster alumni, success stories, helpful information about the foster care system, mentoring programs, and advocacy and policy initiatives.